cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 problem

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a Cisco 7960 with two 7914 expansion module.

I have created a phone button template with 36 lines for 7960 to add lines to the phone and 7914 expansion modules but when I receive a call and I want to transfer it to a line configured 7914 module, I press transfer button and after 7914 button for the line wich I want to make a transfer, phone thinks that I'm going to make a new call with this line and this is not a correct way to work by 7914 expansion module.

However if I configure all 7914 phone buttons like speed dials transfer work good but I can't see the state of lines with colours buttons in 7914.

What's happen?. Am I doing anything wrong?.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carlos,

That note for the 7914 is a bit misleading isn't it. The feature you need DSS/BLF is available in CCM 5.x (and later) as well as CME. Unfotunately, not in any earlier versions of CCM. So you have the either/or choice that you have seen. Eitherconfigure the Button as a Shared Line (to see the status) or as a Speeddial for quick Transfers :(

In CCM 5.x this is a traditional BLF (Busy Lamp Field) which is used to monitor On/Off Hook, Busy/Idle conditions on users phones, as well as having a Speeddial functionality for fast dialing and Transfers.These keys can't be used to answer actual calls.

Cisco Unified CallManager Speed Dial Presence

Cisco Unified CallManager supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence capabilities via a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator.Only the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

States are:

Idle

Busy

Unknown

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008070bc02.html#wp1070507

This differs from the "Old" Shared line appearance setups in the CCM 3.X and 4.X trains that you are running into.

For CME the feature is called DSS/BLF (direct station select/busy lamp field) where you have basically a speed-dial button that also lights up when the person is on the phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

clebarron
Level 1
Level 1

You have to use Presence which a feature only available in Call Manager 5.x

It is so strange because 7914 oficial datasheet from Cisco explain that I can do transfers preesing 7914 buttons after press transfer softkey configuring lines in 7914 buttons.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carlos,

That note for the 7914 is a bit misleading isn't it. The feature you need DSS/BLF is available in CCM 5.x (and later) as well as CME. Unfotunately, not in any earlier versions of CCM. So you have the either/or choice that you have seen. Eitherconfigure the Button as a Shared Line (to see the status) or as a Speeddial for quick Transfers :(

In CCM 5.x this is a traditional BLF (Busy Lamp Field) which is used to monitor On/Off Hook, Busy/Idle conditions on users phones, as well as having a Speeddial functionality for fast dialing and Transfers.These keys can't be used to answer actual calls.

Cisco Unified CallManager Speed Dial Presence

Cisco Unified CallManager supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence capabilities via a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator.Only the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

States are:

Idle

Busy

Unknown

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008070bc02.html#wp1070507

This differs from the "Old" Shared line appearance setups in the CCM 3.X and 4.X trains that you are running into.

For CME the feature is called DSS/BLF (direct station select/busy lamp field) where you have basically a speed-dial button that also lights up when the person is on the phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: