Views
Helpful
Replies

Printing from Historical Reports to network printers

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

IPCCX 401sr1 Build 055

When user prints from historical reports, they can only print to locally attach printer - meaning the printer is attach to their PC. They cannot print to network printers. We tried setting default printer to several different network printers and no work.

Is hist reporting only for locally attach printer or can it print to network printers?

4 Replies 4

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think that there is no problem trying to print the reports in a network printer.

When you try to print the reports the application selects the printer that you have set up as default in Windows.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Called TAC and I was hitting a bug. I had to add the network printer as a local printer by using the ip address of the network printer as a workaround. Thx

This is not bug, IPCCX historical report client creates a new local user with local administrator right, who run reports. This user has no right in network, so you can't print to network printer or save reports into network drive.

Your workaround is correct.

Wei

Try this.

1. From the workstation that hosts the Historical Reporting Client, open C:\Program Files\Cisco CRS Historical Reports\hrcConfig.ini.

2. Once the hrConfig.ini file opens, locate (usually the bottom line) and set the flag 'UseSharedMemory=1'. Save and close the file.

Note: Set UseSharedMemory to1 to use the Shared Memory model and 0 not to use the Shared Memory model (default).

3. Reboot the workstation.

4. Print to the network printers from this workstation to test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: