cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fail over on a 2801

elovelace256
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 2801 routers. One of the routers has a t1 wic. The outside t1 wic has an ip of 10.1.1.1 and the inside has and ip of 10.1.1.2

The second router is a vpn connection that will be used for redundency. The inside ip is 192.168.1.1 and the outside ip is 10.50.1.1

How can I set these up so if the t1 router or (circuit) goes down it will fail over to the vpn connection.

Orginaly i put static routes on the servers with metrics but that doesn't work unless the inside interface of the t1 router is down.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

elovelace256
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone???

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

you need to do a little bit of workaround by either going for HSRP or GLBP to have redundancy built in with the platform or load balancing between the 2 different platforms.

But in that case you would require to have both the routers inside interface on a single lan subnet so that you can achieve the same..

Wan (outside) part you can have simple /30 subnets configured between your locations..

Also throw more light on what kinda connectivity you have on the outside interfaces of the router...

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card