Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set Session IPCCX 4.0

I've been told that there is a way to "count" the number of times callers have been transferred to a particular branch of a script through the set session step. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Glenn

5 Replies 5

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

In order to manage the CRS Historical Report databases:

Configure the maximum number of client and scheduler connections to the historical databases.

Configure users for historical reports.

Purge historical data when the size of the databases approaches maximum capacity.

Synchronize data on the CRS server databases and Historical Report database server, if the Historical Report Database server is used to store historical reporting data.

Import historical data from data files. These data files are generated if the historical database is down and the number of new historical records exceeds the cache.

That doesn't really answer my question. I'm looking for a way to report on the number of times callers have selected option 1 (or any other option) from a menu.

Thanks,

Glenn

You could achieve this by storing the count value in an XML file (or a database with IPCCX Premium) and increment it each time a menu option is selected.

Another way may be to store the menu selection in one of the Call Contact Variables, which are then stored in the Call Contact Detail Records. In IPCCX 3.5, this used to be achieved with the Set Session Info step, but with version 4.0 the Set Enterprise Call Info step is used with the special variables Call.PeripheralVariable1, Call.PeripheralVariable2, etc.

I don't really want to write to an xml because I have redundant IPCC servers. Depending on which box I'm running off of, will depend on which xml will get updated. It's kind of difficult to report on as well. I've also never been able to successfully write to a doc in the repository.

As far as the Call Contact variables, I'm a little confused how these get written to the Call Manager cdr records. How do I report on theses? Do I need to create a custom report?

Thanks,

Glenn

In an HA environment, the XML document can be stored in the Repository and will be replicated to the other node. This is what I've done with all my XML documents and dynamic prompts (e.g. message of the day). There is a bug relating to the uploading of XML (non-TXT) files to the Repository; the workaround is to write the document to disk first, before using the Upload Document step to store the document in the Repository (a valid CRS user needs to be specified in this Step - use the Get User step to retrieve the User variable from a string containing the user). You would have to reset the value manually, andyou'd only have a 'count value'.

The Call Contact Variables get written to the Call Contact Detail Records with IPCCX, not the CallManager CDR records. The are a couple of new Historical Reports which can be used to extract information regarding these variables, but I haven't used them myself. A custom report may be required.

Please rate useful post!