cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 isr

rsaoffice
Level 1
Level 1

My tech has left and we are trying to add a phone number to an existing system. Verizon ported a new phone number to an existing T1 line. How do i add that number to the callmanager? where can i see the numbers that are already installed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should see a link on each post that says "Rate this post" with a Submit button beside it. I'll be glad to try to answer any questions that I can here on the forum. If you would like additional help, feel free to shoot me an email at the address in my profile.

Are 6500/5500 going to an auto attendant or IVR script or to a live person? Either way, they can be routed to the appropriate scipt/person. You can enforce the transfer rule you mentioned with partitions and calling search spaces.

Brandon

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using MGCP or H.323 to control the T1? If you're not sure, please post your config from the 2821.

Brandon

rsaoffice
Level 1
Level 1

i think this is it

This is an H.323 gateway. From the following dial peer, it looks like the telco may just be sending you 4 digits. Do you know if that is correct?

dial-peer voice 800 voip

tone ringback alert-no-PI

description calls to CCM

destination-pattern [56]...

session target ipv4:192.168.7.245

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

If that's the case, you could create another dial peer with the last 4 of the new number assuming it does not overlap with an existing number, such as:

dial-peer voice 801 voip

tone ringback alert-no-PI

description calls to CCM

destination-pattern 1234

session target ipv4:192.168.7.245

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

In Callmanger, 1234 (in the dial peer above) will need to match a DN or match a translation pattern which translates the number to a valid DN.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

do you know where in callmanager i would establish this? The new line is a pots line does that matter and if so do i need to configure it like

existing

dial-peer voice 107 pots

description POTs phone 5924

destination-pattern 5924

port 2/0/7

new

dial-peer voice 108 pots

description POTs phone 5525

destination-pattern 5525

port 2/0/8

after i make the change do i need to apply the changes or will it reread the config file?

This would be correct. You do not need to apply the changes. They will take affect immediately. In Callmanager, you will need a route pattern that points to this gateway. If the new number is in the same range, it may already be in place. For examples, you may have a route pattern 5XXX that points to this gateway which would include all numbers 5000 - 5999. If not, you will need to create a new route pattern.

Brandon

you have been very helpful. Are you available for phone support should i need it? if so what are your rates?

is there a way to have two main phone numbers. say 6500 for one company and 5500 for another. when the system sees 6500 it answers company 1 and when it sees 5500 it answers company 2? The calls can only be forwarded to the extensions with in the companies 6500 to 6501,02,03.... 5500 to 5501,5502,...

thanks

where do i go to rate?

You should see a link on each post that says "Rate this post" with a Submit button beside it. I'll be glad to try to answer any questions that I can here on the forum. If you would like additional help, feel free to shoot me an email at the address in my profile.

Are 6500/5500 going to an auto attendant or IVR script or to a live person? Either way, they can be routed to the appropriate scipt/person. You can enforce the transfer rule you mentioned with partitions and calling search spaces.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: