Views
Helpful
Replies

Dot1q trunk across a vlan

alucky8ball
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Currently, I am trying to design a network with 1) internet access, and 2) a point to point link with another location. My ISP is going to handle the point to point and internet connection over wireless equipment (the new building is in a non-servicable area). From my understanding, they're going to bring a dot1q trunk with 2 vlans into the building with the wireless, 1 vlan for internet, and the other for point to point. However, I have 2 vlans that I need access to at both locations (voice and data). Is it possible to bring in the trunk from the ISP to a catalyst 3560, split the vlans off, and then create another trunk into the point to point vlan? If so, how would I manage this?

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can do that. The problem would be prioritization on the wireless link. Make sure the ISP will prioritize traffic marked EF and you should be OK.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: