cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unitty Connection Play/Record

joemccann
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer running Cisco Unity Connection version 1.2(1). When they try to record a greeting on a call handler using the TUI Play/Record button, the java applet starts and they can populate the phone number field, but nothing else on the java app works. Also, when they don't populate the number field, they still cannot cancel the java app. They can click ok or cancel or click the x in the upper right corner... nothing, in fact Unity Connection administration page freezes and the only way to get it back is to go to task manager and end it.

Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

joshehaos
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same problem as well. Any help would be appreciated.

I ended up just recording a greeting with sound recorder and opened it with unity. It sounded good and worked perfect.

Josh,

That's good to know for a workaround. I still think there is a bug in Unity Connection though. Maybe one of the Cisco guys sees this and tests it out.

Thanks for the update

mccormac
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same problem when we web into our Unity Connection Version 1.2(1), but when we use another tool like VNC or remote desktop, the problem went away.

I am having the same issue. Could not work even with remote desktop or VNC... Any idea?

cbeciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this same problem, the work around is to open the java play/record app and before you click on record click on "Options". In there setup recording to "use phone" and then choose "other" for extension and put in the extension you'd like to use. then go ahead and record; hope this helps....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: