cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore Unity 4.1(1) from 4.2(1) using pulled mirrored disks

RShrove
Level 1
Level 1

I pulled a harddrive from both my primary & failover Unity 4.1(1) servers prior to upgrading to 4.2(1). So I have a replica of the drives from each server.

After the upgrade we have encountered a bug that causes problems accessing SA. TAC says it will be fixed with Unity 5. We want to rollback to our previous version by booting each server from the replica drives we pulled prior to the upgrade.

Will this work or will we have problems?

5 Replies 5

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

This article deals with CCM, but it gives you the basics: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/products_tech_note09186a00800942b4.shtml

I'd just make sure you pull the Unity 4.2(1) drives before you bring the server back up on the Unity 4.1(1) drives. I can't see why it wouldn't work. You would lose any voicemails or new users since the upgrade.

Wthout testing this first I am not sure but you might have AD or Exchange issues. Not sure all the differences between the versions of Unity.

Any one with more help on this one?

rlp

How is your Unity setup? Is everything on box for your Unity like the DC and GC?

Unified Messaging; Unity (primary & failover) & Exchange servers are not DC or GC.

Matthew Bryant
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious what bug you are experiencing that you cannot access the SA.

We hit a bug (CSCsf26335) that we had to keep resetting IIS in order to access the SA page, but it was fixed with 2 Engineering Specials we applied.

Any chance that is you issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: