Any CIPT training for Call Manager version 5 yet?

Answered Question
Mar 19th, 2007
User Badges:

I just purchased an e-learning course for CIPT1 and am a bit disappointed that it covers Call Manager version 4 even though version 5 has been out for awhile. Coincidentally, version 5 is the version my company has in production, and I am finding out the hard way that the two versions are significantly different in many aspects.

Does anyone know when the CIPT courseware will be updated for version 5? Are there any good resources/books out now to learn version 5?

Correct Answer by ttrentler about 9 years 11 months ago

Don't hold your breath. You will see training for CCM 6.0 before 5.0. I am a CCSI and consult with a large training partner and it looks like everyone is waiting to train on 6.0. The only 5.0 training we do now is onsite.

Now for the good news.

Go ahead and train on 4.0. A calling search space is still a clling search space and a partition is still the same. A gateway is a gateway. Sure 5.0 has some new presence apps and supports SIP phones but the core concepts are the same.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
ttrentler Sat, 04/28/2007 - 18:15
User Badges:

Don't hold your breath. You will see training for CCM 6.0 before 5.0. I am a CCSI and consult with a large training partner and it looks like everyone is waiting to train on 6.0. The only 5.0 training we do now is onsite.

Now for the good news.

Go ahead and train on 4.0. A calling search space is still a clling search space and a partition is still the same. A gateway is a gateway. Sure 5.0 has some new presence apps and supports SIP phones but the core concepts are the same.

dave.berger Wed, 05/09/2007 - 03:17
User Badges:

thanks for the news, even if they're really bad one. i took the 642-445 exam one month ago and missed by 110 points. in general i agree with you on what regards the concept of ccm, which is still the same in version 5. nevertheless there are some features like the new trunks, the sip implementation, presence and so on, which require a pretty deep understanding of the technologies.

well, seems like there's no other way than study the entire course material (about 2'000 pages). so, let's go for it again. %o)

ps: passing score is 776 points (april 2007).

Actions

This Discussion