Helpful
Replies

New user at ironport

Bamse_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I will this week try out an ironport and i wondering if there is
something i should think of when i set it up and configure the server.

Regards
Sven Hultgren

4 Replies 4

Just make sure you use AsyncOS 5 - the defaults for that are quite reasonable.

I and my 750 users are real happy with IPAS. Has cut my spam reports by 80 percent over brightmail alone.

colinmorency
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sven,

I always tell my customers to make sure their incoming email hits the IronPort appliance first so that you can see the true benefits of SenderBase which is a very powerful feature of IronPort.

Here's a link to an IronPort whitepaper on reputation-based filtering
http://www.ironport.com/pdf/ironport_reputation_based_control_whitepaper.pdf

Also, if you aren't already in contact with your regional IronPort Engineer or your IronPort resellers' engineer, it's a good idea to open up a dialogue as that person will be able to provide you with lots of information and support you throughout the evaluation process.

Colin

I have to agree. Don't bother having anything in front of the IronPort appliances. We were very skeptical when we installed the C600's for a test. It took us about a day to realize how good the product is.

Prior to IP: 43% of all email ended up in quarantine because the old system didn't know what to do with it.

After IP: under 2% of all mail is in quarantine. over 95% of all inbound mail is dropped now - that's over DOUBLE what our old system did!