Helpful
Replies

New user at ironport

Bamse_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I will this week try out an ironport and i wondering if there is
something i should think of when i set it up and configure the server.

Regards
Sven Hultgren

4 Replies 4

Just make sure you use AsyncOS 5 - the defaults for that are quite reasonable.

I and my 750 users are real happy with IPAS. Has cut my spam reports by 80 percent over brightmail alone.

colinmorency
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sven,

I always tell my customers to make sure their incoming email hits the IronPort appliance first so that you can see the true benefits of SenderBase which is a very powerful feature of IronPort.

Here's a link to an IronPort whitepaper on reputation-based filtering
http://www.ironport.com/pdf/ironport_reputation_based_control_whitepaper.pdf

Also, if you aren't already in contact with your regional IronPort Engineer or your IronPort resellers' engineer, it's a good idea to open up a dialogue as that person will be able to provide you with lots of information and support you throughout the evaluation process.

Colin

I have to agree. Don't bother having anything in front of the IronPort appliances. We were very skeptical when we installed the C600's for a test. It took us about a day to realize how good the product is.

Prior to IP: 43% of all email ended up in quarantine because the old system didn't know what to do with it.

After IP: under 2% of all mail is in quarantine. over 95% of all inbound mail is dropped now - that's over DOUBLE what our old system did!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: