Personal Callbacks with CTIOS custom desktop

Unanswered Question
Mar 19th, 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get personal callbacks to distinguish which campaign they came from. I have configured each campaign with a prefix. But when the dialer dials out, it doesn't use/see the prefix from the campaign it belongs from. I want it to use the prefix to tell the Call Manager which campaign the callback belongs to. Is that possible?

Also, I don't find the docs clear when it explains the need for a 'Dialed Number' with the dialedNumberString= 'PersonalCallback'. I know there is a dialer registry value that matches this string. Am i supposed to set one of these up per campaign? The reason I say this is because I can only associate one call type to the 'PersonalCallback' dialedNumber.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 1 (1 ratings)
ivillegas Fri, 03/23/2007 - 10:07

You can call back PPP clients that dial in to asynchronous interfaces. You can enable callback to the following two types of PPP clients:

?Clients that implement PPP callback per RFC 1570 (as an link control protocol, or LCP, negotiated extension).

?Clients that do not negotiate callback but can put themselves in answer-mode, whereby a callback from the router is accepted.

Gergely Szabo Fri, 03/23/2007 - 10:55

I'm trying to get personal callbacks to distinguish which campaign they came from.

Can you please explain this more in detail?

claudioillanes Fri, 03/23/2007 - 11:25

The Cisco Dialer for Outbound Option has a PersonalCallback feature. I have several campaigns setup and each uses a prefix digit to identify the calls campaign. (7777)91-XXX-XXX-XXXX would be a call from a campaign with the prefix set at 7777. The CallManager then uses a route pattern to see that the dialer's outbound call is from 7777-91-XXX-XXX-XXXX and knows what campaign the call is from. Then a caller id is set for those calls. However, when a Personal callback is sent out by the dialer, it doesn't have the prefix for its campaign set. Is there a way to get each personal callback to add the prefix for the campaign that it belongs to?

claudioillanes Sat, 03/31/2007 - 13:12

Does anyone know all the steps required in Configuration Manager and Routing/Admin Scripts to correctly setup Personal Callbacks for Cisco Outbound Option? I added a dialed number with the dialed number string = "PersonalCallback". In dialed number mapping I'm pointed the DN to the script that handles my outbound campaign.I want to get the AlternateVDN option working correctly.

onlict001 Tue, 07/01/2008 - 13:23

In order to distinguish which campaign from the calls i've insert in the field "FirstName" of the each dialing list campaign the name of the campaign so when the call is attemped, this information will be display on the CTI interface.

This Discussion