IPCC Prompts

Unanswered Question
Mar 19th, 2007

I was just wondering if the prompts in IPCC Express need to be recorded in any certain way. Basically, the issue I am running into is that we hired some company to professionally record new prompts for us. They have sent us some sample wav files to test out and when I put them into a script just using the "play prompt" in a script, it does not play. I have debugged the script and the script does go to that step but just goes right on by never playing the prompt. I was just wondering if the prompts need to be recorded a certain way, or if anyone may have any ideas as to what would cause the prompt not to play and could shed some light I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
lpezj Tue, 03/20/2007 - 01:25

Hi,

If you are using G.711 codec you must have your wav prompts recorded in this way: CCITT u-law, 8Khz, 8 bit, Mono.

Ig you are using G.729, you will need any converter form your actual format to G.729, but the converters are not free, usually.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

p0ptart69 Tue, 03/20/2007 - 15:11

There is a installable G.729 converter on the Unity servers. You can install it in any windows box. Not sure what the lic conotations are but it works. Just do a search for 729 on the Unity box.

mpozorski Tue, 03/20/2007 - 20:36

Thank you for the heads up on that. I did a search and found the converter just to be safe. Thanks again.

mpozorski Tue, 03/20/2007 - 20:35

Juan - thank you very much for the pointers. It turns out that the prompts were not in the correct format so I used the windows sound application on the server to convert it to way you described and it worked like a charm. Thank you once again for your help.

Actions

This Discussion