Avaya to IPCC Queuing = ROVE

Unanswered Question

I am currently working on a project that will be replacing an existing Avaya System... One of the queuing methods used in the Avaya System is ROVE

ROVE = is Reserve Overload and routes calls based on a call?s priority and "time in queue", rather than on an assigned skill level.

So for example I have two agents both with a Skill of HD for Help Desk for example.

Name: Skill: Level:

Agent1 HD 9

Agent2 HD R1

R1 = Roving Agent

So how the Avaya system works today is a call comes into the Helpdesk queue. Looks for an agent that can handle that skill, HD. Agent1 is curently on the phone and "will not" route to Agent2 until 60 seconds have passed. If Agent1 hangs up before the call has been in the queue for 60 seconds Agent1 will receive the call.

I know I can "dequeue" the call and send to another Queue and assign a different skill that both Agent1 and Agent2 can handle right away but rather not dequeue the call because I would be creating multiple CSQ to handle a call based on how long it was in the queue... For example I would create HD, HD-R1, HD-R2, etc...

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
l.mourits Tue, 03/20/2007 - 09:58

Actually, creating an additional queue is the only option I can think of, however, there is no need to dequeue the call from the original queue.

This Discussion