cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message delay problem when Unity 4.0 integrate with Mitel SX-2000

cheungjonathan
Level 1
Level 1

This voice mail system just implemented for less than 2 months in our company. But the message delay problem is quite serious now. People said that they heard some messages which should be left to them few days before. They already keep checking their voice mail box in that few days. They should not miss any updated messages.

Does anyone here have the same problem?

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

it's probably has nothing to do with the Mitel. The reason it would have to do with the Mitel is that if the MWI is not turning on when the message is left.

If you are getting delays in voicecmails, they could be held up on Unity, waiting to transfer them to Exchange.

I have seen a problem where certain key Unity AD accounts were deleted, but Unity still worked. The messages were recorded, but never delieved. They were all in the failed folder or outbox on the Unity server waiting for Exchange to pick them up. But because the permissions were gone, then everything was failing for the vmail going to exchange.

Run some quick tests on different accounts. Is this probably everyone or just a few?

Create a new account, leave a message. Does light the MWI and listen through the TUI? or is it stuck in Unity somewhere?

Can uses forward VM's to other subscribers in Unity?

Answer a couple of those and see what we can do.

I am pretty deep into the same problem at a customer site. Messages are being delivered in time, verified to be there through OWA. My issue is MWI and it just not working intermittenly. I have witnessed first hand messages in the inbox, Unity status shows lamp on, but the lamp is off. Once the user checks a messages, the light stats to work again and seems to work until the next day. PIMG integration, with 1 MWI port, set to notify on every message and sync at 6:00am. PBX is a Mitel 2000SX. I would really appreciate any info you all may have learned and can share what I have as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: