Level 5

When ever power on the ip phone getting "invalid application protocol"

And no key functionnig .

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shivlu,

This document describes one reason that Cisco IP Phone models 7940 and 7960 fail to boot with the error message Protocol Application Invalid. This message displays in the liquid crystal display (LCD). This document provides a workaround in the Cisco CallManager environment.

Note: The problem that this document describes occurs in the IP Phone 7940/7960 with firmware versions 7.2(2) and earlier. For details, refer to these Cisco bug IDs:

CSCed84163

CSCsa85042

From this good doc;

IP Phone 7940/7960 Fails to Boot - Protocol Application Invalid

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008055c1fe.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

As always Rob's answer deserves a '5', for some reason he didn't got that, here I'm giving him one.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks so much for your nice comments and rating. It means alot when other NetPros go out of their way to read/rate posts. It really made my day :) Keep up the great work here, I have surely enjoyed reading and learning from your great answers!

Thanks again,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: