I'm running LMS2.5 on a restricted licencse, which is currently not an issue, but 'Device Discovery' is permantley running, therefore I cannot add new devices to the DCR.
I've tried 'net stop crmdmgtd', restart the server, stop and start the processes, all to no avail.
Any sugestions please
Further investigation of your discovery.log error message shows that your devicediscovery.properties file is probably corrupt. Due to changes in the discovery process implemented in Campus Manager 4.0.3, I would suggest first that you upgrade to at least Campus Manager 4.0.3 if you have not already done so. I would prefer to see you at LMS 2.6 level (CM 4.0.6) or the latest--CM 4.0.8. Be sure to consult the readme files for installation instructions if you choose to upgrade.
Next we need to replace your devicediscovery.properties file:
1. Stop CiscoWorks
net stop crmdmgtd
2. Go to \CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi
3. Rename DeviceDiscovery.properties to DeviceDiscovery.properties.old.
4. Copy DeviceDiscovery.properties.orig and rename it to DeviceDiscovery.properties.
5. Edit the new DeviceDiscovery.properties file:
Open it with WordPad and look for:
Change it to:
(all on the same line)
NOTE: If the CSCOpx folder is somewhere else please make the necessary changes to the DEVICEROOT above. Keep it in the same format.
6. restart CiscoWorks with:
net start crmdmgtd
7. Reenter your discovery setup information (seed devices and snmp settings) and run a new discovery.