Helpful
Replies

basic Qs on CCM 5.0.4

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hello

please help me in clarifying these points:

1. what are the steps to upgrade from 5.0(4) to 5.1 which is CCM latest version?

2. CCM 5.0 comes with 2 DVD's (installation Disk and Recovery Disk) my question is when (what cases) to use the Recovery Disk ?

3. how is CCM 5.x protected from viruses, do i need to install AntiVirus somehow?

please help

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

1. This upgrade is very simple. You have to download the upgrade image (signed binary) and go to Software Upgrades section in Callmanager servicability (if i remember right) and you have two options.

a. Upgrade using cd/dvd

b. Upgrade using FTP/SFTP.

I typically use method b, over a the reason being, you will be wasting a cd/dvd for this. But usually a cd/dvd upgrade is a lot faster than over the network. If using method a, burn the upgrade image you downloaded to a dvd (usually these files are as big as 800mb to a gig) and place the disc locally on the server dvd drive and use the software upgrades web page to perform the upgrade.

2. The purpose of the recovery disk can be read here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a00806c3cc3.html#wp51549

3. CCM 5.x has built in CSA. There is no OS access as of yet, so you cannot put any anti virus software or any other third party agents on the server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008063742b.html#wp1049380

HTh

sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

thanks Sankar but i still have these some basic inquiries:

1. according to upgrade (from 5.0.4 to 5.1) could u please tell me how and where to get the right upgrade image?

2. regarding recovery disk, as the document says: it is used for either revert to windows version or swtch to inactive partition,

revert to windows: I wonder how this will work since i browsed the dvd it contains linux dir and others but not any windows related. so could u please clarify this?

inactive partition: how do i have this partition in the server HD while as i guess the full HD is partitioned and used?

thanks

does any one have any idea please

!?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: