cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX TCP/2000 Traffic - Remotely Anywhere

pregan
Level 1
Level 1

I've been passed a problem from a client trying to connect to a Remotely Anywhere server through a PIX/525.

Remotely Anywhere is a remote control application that uses HTTP over TCP/2000. This port is open and theres no inspect enabled.

From the connecting client I can port query 2000 which replies and netstat on the server shows 2000 as listening. When I put the w/s and server on the same subnet the application behaves as expected.

When I move the server to the outside of the PIX the connection fails. I have ethereal running on both ends and debug on the f/w. The pix shows the connection built and ethereal shows the initial TCP h/shake but the server sends no data after the ACK from the client.

This looks like the f/w's causing a problem with the app but I have no idea what to do next. The f/w seems to be configured ok.

any divine intervention out there ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abinjola
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

disable inspect skinny....

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

abinjola
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

disable inspect skinny....

you my friend are a star ..

i'd even looked at the match this pm when checking http inspect and i missed that skinny /2000 ..

thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card