Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Editor "Java Steps"

Hello,

i can not find the "create Java Object" Step in my CRS Editor. There is only the "Create Remote java Object" step. Do i need a special editor version?

with kind Regards

i.A. Martin

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You've got the correct editor version - there is only one, actually.

There is a lot of Java stuff you can do directly, for instance, when setting a variable.

I know this seems to be stupid but I have to ask: what exactly are you trying to achieve (with the Java stuff you are missing)?

I would like to export and import variables with java, like account and pin verification.

p0ptart69
Level 1
Level 1

If you are just switching form CRS 3.x to 4.x you may notice the Execute Java Step is gone from the toolbox. You only really need it if you are trying to execure a java method that returns void ( doesn't return a value ) This is common with "setter" methods like clock.setTime( "12:00:00" ). It is a pain that it was removed but if you have a couple of alternatives.

First if your java method returns a value use the Set step so to call a method like String.valueOf( clock.getSeconds() ). You can get as trick as you want withe inline syntax now which you couldn't before.

The second is to open an old script that has a Execute Java Object step in it and copy and past the step from the old script into your new one. The step still exists for backward compatability but you can't add it to new scripts from the toolbox. It was another ill thought out feature change between versions

Tahnk you for the infos. I will have a look at the Set step.

Regards

Martin

how to define a class that extends some superclass through set step?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: