cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1 and CCM 4.2

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

Is this true that client running Call Manager 4.2 won't be able to upgrade to Linux Based CCM 5.0/6.0. Some party suggests that if customer is not ready for CCM5.0/6.0 they'd better stay on CCM 4.1 so they will be able to upgrade to CCM 5.0/6.0

Can someone clarify.

6 Replies 6

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Correct, neither CCM 4.2(1) nor CCM 4.2(3) are able to upgrade to CCM 5. But they will be able to upgrade to CCM 6.

CCM 5 is on a Linux OS but CCM 6 will be on Windows.

Check the compatibility matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/ccmcomp.htm

When the next major version will be Windows based has bounced back and forth a few times. I believe that v6 will not be Windows based and they have moved that out to v7.

You'll have to wait until the compatibility matrix is updated to be sure though. Usually, they only test the latest version, and your on your own if you don't use that version.

Fady Hwalla
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, so I heard, that CCM 4.1 can be upgraded to CCM 5.0 but not 4.2

I got this from Cisco themselves.. its weird..

I have no idea why though..

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Correction...

CCM 6 will be Linux, last Windows OS was on CCM 4.3 and seems to be that Linux will be the OS from now on... still checking with the DE's

Just check with Cisco TAC:

CCM 6.x will still be Linux.

Jorge,

I heard a while back that 6.1 may give the option to choose windows or linux flavors. is this true ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: