cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM not communicating with ACS Se

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am installing a pair of WISM's with 100 LAP's. The WISM's are configured as aaa clients on my ACS Se. And the ACS Se's are configured as radius servers on my WISM's. I want to back all wireless client authentication to the pair of ACS Se using dot1x LEAP. When I check the ACS Failed log I keep getting Authentication failed and EAP Type not configured messages. However the users and LEAP method is all setup on the ACS. The ACS's also provide TACACS authentication to my lan devices and these work ok. They seem to fail on any RADIUS authentication. Has anyone any idea on where I am going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

On the controller you just have to select 802.1x under layer 2 security. And on the ACS server, under global authentication setup ensure that LEAP is selected. And the user database should be created on the ACS. If all this is done, and the ACS server is reachable from the WLC, the authentication should happen without any issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card