cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

moving lms 2.6 to new hardware

suelange
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 2.6 installed, the entire CW package...DM, IPM, RME, etc. It is working well and currently there are no additional updates we can apply (meaning it is all current). We need to move to a new server because we are low on memory and low on disk space and it's just cheaper to replace than augment, since we have some servers coming off line that will do the job for us.

My question is, how can I migrate all the 'stuff' (databases, etc) that is the culmination of months worth of work? I see many articles on migrating from prior versions...

Also can I get CD images of the entire package to install from? I inherited the current set up so to update I just use the software center but, I won't have that on the new box, I'm going to have to do some kind of base install.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Migrating the data is easy. Just backup the current server using the standard CiscoWorks backup, and save off the resulting directory. When you have the new server up and running with the same version of LMS, then restore the backup.

As for getting the CDs, if you are entitled to them, you can go to http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ and request them to be shipped to you. Else you will have to talk to your sales team.

In the case of LMS 2.2 and the new server has a different hostname and IP addr, I'm getting the following error:

nms-(/opt/CSCOpx)->./MDC/bin/ccraccess -removeResource Core Custom Custom " " " " HostName

REMOVERESOURCE[CCREntry[Core,Custom,Custom, , ,HostName,,,]]: CCRResponse[1;2 Unable to remove entry CCREntry[Core,Custom,Custom, , ,HostName,,,].]

nms-(/opt/CSCOpx)->./MDC/bin/ccraccess -getResource Core Custom Custom " " " " HostName

GETRESOURCE[CCREntry[Core,Custom,Custom, , ,HostName,,,]]: CCRResponse[1;Entry does not exist in the the registry.]

The procedures are from:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008017b74c.html#wp1078582

You have spaces in your quotes. The actual command is:

ccraccess -removeResource Core Custom Custom "" "" HostName

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: