Views
Helpful
Replies

Q on Service activation on CCM Cluster

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have 2 7825 IBM servers one CCM 5.0 Pub and the other is Sub, i want to activate all the services on both the Pub and Sub (CCM services, Service/Servlet, CTI Services, CDR Services,Database and Admin Services,Performance and Monitoring Services,Security Services,Directory Services and Backup and Restore Services)

note that:

doing so I will have 2 tftp's primary tftp on Pub and sec tftp on Sub

and note that doing so there will be load balancing in call processing.

i have a max of 600 ip phones in this cluster

is the above service management a best practice or doing so i will encounter some problems if any such as performance ... etc

please advise

1 Reply 1

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, u can do this, but Its recommended not to register phones on the pub and have them all register to the sub. Use Pub for TFTP, and other services like IPMA, EM and such services.

CDR can only run on the Publisher and not on the Subscribers, dont activate that service on the Pub. U will only see errors with no help. Backup and Restore, needs to run on the Pub only. With CM 5.0, Publisher is still the single primary server and incase ur sub crashes and u re-build it, all data would be pulled from the sub.

With 600 IP Phones, Pub should be used as a failover for ip phones. Sub should be able to handle 600 Phones.

Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: