Views
Helpful
Replies

Designing A Network

nissanmaximas
Level 1
Level 1

Good Evening All,

I was a valid CCNA for 3 years but never did much in the cisco world, I always kept getting these HelpDesk - Technical Support jobs. I want to get back into the world of Cisco because its what intrests me the most, not changing a k/b or adding memory or finding out why Outlook doesnt work LOL...

So I have 3 Cisco routers (1 - 3600 and 2 - 2500) 2 Cisco switches (2 - 2900 24 port) 1 Cisco PIX (501) a file server, an itx PC (can be DC but i havent decided yet) and 3 PC's that will be running XP/Vista and a Linksys Wireless - G AP. My question is what type of network can I design with the stuff I have. All help/comments are appreciated.

I have Earthlink High Speed Cabale as my source of internet, with a Toshiba PCX2500 modem.

4 Replies 4

nissanmaximas
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks All,

I've decided to just map out what I want to do.

I have 3 routers and 1 switch. What I am working on is setting up my ftp server behind one router, my apple machine behind the 2nd router and my main machine behind the 3rd router and getting them all to talk. This is what was recommended to me.

Bruce

So in your scenario is each router a part of different subnets like 192.168.10.X, 192.168.20.X and 192.168.30.X?

When I get home I am going to attach a visio of my purposed network layout. I am using 3 routers 2 switches 1 PIX firewall as far as the cisco equiment goes.

Here it is..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card