cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MC3810 / sip-ua / ITSP ?

Arthur Kant
Level 1
Level 1

I have a MC3810 with 12.3.18 which gives me access to the sip-ua command. Can I have this register with a sip proxy/itsp? I have seen references to commands available in the sip-ua context for authentication information ...etc however I do not have this available. Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

do you have "authentication" as a command under "dial-peer voice xx pots" ? These are the credentials to register the number used as "destination-pattern" to the proxy configured as "registrar" under "sip-ua".

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

I will check on this and let you know but my first thought is no. I do know that I do not have a "registrar" under sip-ua . I do have a sip-server where I can specify an IP address but nothing that looks like authentication information. I will try and post a menu list.

Most likely not because HTTP Digest authenticating for sip is a 12.3(8)T feature so if the 3810 can't run that you do not have it.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Ok but I am running what I think is a newer version. I am running 12.3.18:

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) MC3810 Software (MC3810-A2JSV5-M), Version 12.3(18), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 15-Mar-06 21:46 by dchih

Image text-base: 0x00023000, data-base: 0x0185FC78

So let me make sure I am understanding. You are saying that I do not have a sip authentication feature on this IOS release which is best I can run on this router. However I should still be able to register with a sip proxy / location agent (ie Asterisk) so my fxs ports show up can be reach ed by that proxy?

Thanks!

Hi, 12.3(18) is not newer than 12.3(8)T, because the latter is a T train image, that is, it contains new features while the mainline does not.

To use registration you need "registrar" under "sip-ua". If you can;t support registration the other SIP party must have configured you address statically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: