cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

windows 2003 sp2

letmeinnn
Level 1
Level 1

Any issue with installing this on my unity 4.2 servers or my exchange 2003 server for that matter?

Thanks

Cory

16 Replies 16

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cory,

Windows Server 2003 SP2 is not yet on the list of recommended updates found here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/cmptblty/msupdate.htm#wp199888

I would recommend waiting until it is approved and supported by Cisco to install.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon

Was helpful....

Must wait for cisco blessing then...

Too bad... my exchange server is the last server needing sp2

SP2 is a great improvement ... i have seen an improvement in performance

Will rate

thanks

Cory

not to drag this thread out but does anyone know how far behind cisco usually is when it comes to stuff like service packs?

curious

See the Cisco Unity Maintenance Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_maintenance_guide_chapter09186a0080443b78.html

But in a nut shell the answer is:

Within 60 days of an applicable Microsoft service pack release, Cisco will announce whether the service pack can be applied to released Cisco Unity and Bridge versions. If so, the new service pack becomes the recommended service pack for Cisco Unity and the Bridge.

Chris

Oh yeah... you should be ok to apply SP2 to your Exchange server now....

Again see the Cisco Unity Maintenance Guide to get the full scoop.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_maintenance_guide_chapter09186a0080443b78.html

Updates and service packs can be applied to other non-Cisco Unity servers such as Exchange 2000 or Exchange 5.5 mail servers. Cisco does not require such updates and service packs to be applied to infrastructure servers and clients unless they are to resolve specifically identified problems that relate to the interactions between Cisco products and a customer infrastructure. When applying a mail server service pack, we recommend following Microsoft best practices of applying the service pack level to all mail servers within the organization. Client PCs and voice mail access devices (for example, PDAs), as well as mail servers, domain controllers, and global catalog servers, may all be considered part of the customer infrastructure.

thanks brother

by the way .. was any one brave enough to put servicepack 2 on there unity server for win3k?

I installed SP2 on my 4.2 Unity servers completely by accident. Well I wouldn't say I did it. Someone applied a group policy to a number of machines that included a Windows Update settings and pointed all the machines to an internal WSUS server. Well, they included the Unity servers and they all installed SP2 last night. So far, I haven't found anything not working. We'll see.

Has anyone else installed SP2 yet?

Todd

Hi -

The caveat is you should have a Unity and Exchange server in a test lab environment to test functionality and compatibility before applying any Microsoft service pack in production where a Unity server is integrated. Here is an example Cisco reference - http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K24602647

Just a bit of caution. Ginger

I agree. I had not intended to install SP2. Someone else had their fingers in group policies and applied them to the wrong group. I was a accidental guinea pig.

Tod

is your unity still working well?

I have not had any problems yet.

todd

Thanks Tod

are you on unity 4.2?

my two unity servers are the only ones left that do not have sp2 for win3k ..

hmmm ... should i stay or should i go for it!!

Yes, I am running Unity 4.2, but I only have sp2 on one of them. I have not installed it on the others even though I haven't had any problems with the one that did have it installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: