Helpful
Replies

Sup 720 Boot

netops01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Simple question (I hope)

Using 6500 with Sup 720. I have set the boot variable to an image on disk1. Can I have multiple boot variables in the config, if so, in what order are they processed? Can they refer to disk0 and disk1?

Thanks

Ian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Mahmodd said, you can have multiple boot statements and they are executed in sequence starting from 1st to last i.e in the order they were entered.

The router stores and executes the boot system commands in the order in which you enter them in the configuration file. If you enter multiple boot commands of the same type (for example, if you enter two commands that instruct the router to boot from different network servers), the router tries them in the order in which they appear in the configuration file

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

yes u can have multiple boot statements.

Thanks

Mahmood

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Mahmodd said, you can have multiple boot statements and they are executed in sequence starting from 1st to last i.e in the order they were entered.

The router stores and executes the boot system commands in the order in which you enter them in the configuration file. If you enter multiple boot commands of the same type (for example, if you enter two commands that instruct the router to boot from different network servers), the router tries them in the order in which they appear in the configuration file

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card