cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7911G - "Answer softkey" - This key is not active here

mark_gardner
Level 1
Level 1

I am running SCCP11.8-0-4SR2S for 7911G's and have noticed that during an incoming call the "Answer" softkey is darkened out, and displays "This key is not active here" when you try and press it ?

Anyone ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

IPMA supports following range of 79xx in 4.2, 7960/40, 7970, 7961/41/71.

From my brief understanding, it looks like error you are facing could be a phone fw issue. Can you let me know some more details on the problem?

hassan_oudeh
Level 1
Level 1

i also faced the same problem.

im running CCM ver 5.0.4

and when an incomming call comming to 7911G the Answer softkey is not active, you have to answer the call by taking the hock off

thanks,

I have the same problem.

CME 4.1

7911G (firmware 7.2)

Thanks.

Alse see on why you can't have Answer key on these phones;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dde54dc

The smaller phones are apparently designed to have full handsfree, but the microphone has been removed likely for marketing reasons. The receptacle is on the side and the connector post for the microphone is between the handset and hook switch connector. Somewhere I have a picture of it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: