cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer preferences

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who is having problems with dial-peer preferences. Customer has two CallManager servers, so there are two voip dial-peers configured on the router. One pointing the subscriber with a default preference of 0 and one pointing to the publisher with a configured preference of 5. The problem is when the subscriber is off-line, the dial-peers don?t fail-over at all. A TAC case was opened and Cisco was able to reproduce this in their lab.

My question is has anyone else seen this and if so, how did you fix it? Cisco told us to upgrade all of the routers. Would really like to find a way not to have to do that.

9 Replies 9

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

You may need to add the following commands:

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3

Then under the dial-peer add this command:

voice-class h323 1

essentially, this tells the gateway if the call is not established in 3 seconds use the next dial-peer.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t2/dtcfgtim.htm

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Add this:

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3

and then apply the voice class to the dial-peers.

HTH,

Chris

These commands have were added. I should have stated that in my original post.

Any other ideas???

Thanks,

Chris

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

I would be more specific with your dial-peer preferences. Make the default one have a preference of 1 and the backup a preference or 2. This is how I set all mine up and dont have a problem.

You may well be hitting a bug on the IOS version your running. Try upgrading one gateway and see how that works out.

This might be worth a shot. The dial-peer with "DOWN" outbound status will not be selected during the outbound dial-peer matching. This affect no outgoing call setup on the BRI interface.

Define "no dial-peer outbound status-check pots" to by-pass the dial-peer outbound status check.

j-s,

But the issue is with voip dial-peer, not pots.

p.b.

you are correct sorry didn't read the issue correctly.

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Hey guys,

I have faced the same problem. We have two gateways 3925 with IOS version

c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M2.bin

There are two Controllers E1 with one PSTN service connected. Recently whe have activated a ISDN PRI in each Gateway, but when I set a preference in the dial-peer to be  second option for call flow all calls change and assuming the second peer as outgoing trunk.

The second Link was a backup PSTN in case of problem with First.

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel Sobrinho

Hi.

I had a customer with the same issue and solved the problem using monitor probe feature.

Here is a useful link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_m3.html#wp1397581

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: