cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500 Duplex mismatch error?

jcmattos1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 4507 w/SUP IV IOS 12.2(31)SG and noticed that one of our Linux servers that was connected to an ether-channel was showing 100/half on the server side and on the switch side it showed 100/full but there was no duplex mismatch error that was being logged. We have our logging level set to debugging. So my question is why we would not receive an error log for this duplex mismatch? Thx!

9 Replies 9

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Have u configured the traps.

Thanks

Mahmood

Thx Mahmood, we just wanted to have it logged to the buffer. Do we need an snmp trap for the buffer log as well???

(config)#logging buffered

in global configuration

Petr?nio

Thx B, we already have all logging levels set to dubugging (buffered, monitor, console, trap etc) but still no duplex mismatch errors?

The interface on the switch is incrementing errors ?

Paste for us the show interface Port-Channel N?.

If u do a show logging, what it appears ?

Petr?nio

We changed the server side to a 100/full but prior to the change we did not receive duplex mismatch errors here is a snapshot of the interface.

I may be wrong but I think those errors are normally a function of cdp indicating this problem across a link to another cisco device , if the device does not run cdp it will not put an error in the log , you would have to see it yourself thru interface errors or slow response times and make the adjustment. I have never seen this error on a user device port only across cisco device uplinks...

Did the errors increment after match the duplex ?

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In order to log the interface errors on the Cat4500 with IOS you have to enable logging on global basis or per interface basis.

Conf t

looging event link-status

Please ue the link below for command refrence

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_31s/cmdref/int_sess.htm#wp2089249

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card