cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Console Time showing incorrectly

mikegrous
Level 3
Level 3

I am consoleing into a 1800 seris router.

If i do a show clock it shows the correct time. When i see events being logged on the console (IE: a link going up/down) It shows the time as incorrect. It is not applying the correct timezone. Example.

If a link goes down right now (12:50PM)

the console will log the up/down time as 16:50

If do a show clock the time will be 12:50

How do i fix this?

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

check weather this is configured in ur router.

service timestamps debug datetime

service timestamps log datetime

Thanks

Mahmood

Michael

While it is a good thing to do, the service timestamps debug does not relate to the issue that you describe since it controls the timestamps for debug output.

I believe that the answer is in service timestamps log as Mahmood has suggested. And I believe that you probably already have service timestamps log datetime configured, because if you did not the log messages would report uptime rather than clocktime. But I believe that it is not enough to configure service timestamps log datetime. I believe that you need to include the localtime parameter, especially if you are learning time from NTP. So it would be service timestamps log datetime localtime.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

service timestamps log datetime localtime

was the command i needed.

I already had "service timestamps log datetime" configured. I needed the localtime command added.

Thanks alot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card