Views
Helpful
Replies

No DHCP after authenitcating

swoodyard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

My setup is a Cisco AP 1232 connected to a cisco switch, connected to a cisco router, connected to our DHCP server.

The AP has 2 VLANS and SSIDs, VLAN 1 for Employees and VLAN 2 for Guests. It also has an aditional VLAN for management, VLAN 3.

The APs BVI interface is configured inside the management VLAN.

VLAN 1 requires Radius authentication.

VLAN 2 is a key configured on the client.

When I connect to the SSID for VLAN 2 (guest) I get a good address from the DHCP pool and everything is swell.

When I connect to the SSID for VLAN 1 (employee) I verify it passes the Radius authentication and assoiates. It then times out trying to get a good address via DHCP and comes back with the defualt 169.blah.blah.blah.

Verified all VLANS are allowed to ride all trunks to/from the router.

Any ideas out there?

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Process involved in Radius authentication is much longer than the process involved in Configured keys. This might timeout on DHCP request on the clients in Radius Authetication. Try to manually stop and start the DHCP service after successful authentication and se if this works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: