cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921G in residential VoIP setup?

v8625
Level 1
Level 1

What additional equipment/apps do I need to acquire/install in order to use 7921G phone with my commercial VoIP provider - broadvoice.

It looks like I can easily connect this baby to my Aironet AP-1231 wireless access point. Will I be able to just set up SIP parameters in the phone without any additional equipment? What if I want to hook up a couple of these phones - what would I need in order to do that? Some sort of additional box running asterisk or something?

2 Replies 2

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

7921G does not support SIP currently, but only SCCP.

For configuring the phone, there is a phone web page which can be utilized for configuration either via wirelesss or USB connection. See admin guide for more info @

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/wip7921.

Too bad,

I think this is otherwise a very good unit to be used with a box running Asterisk. Are they planning to port this to SIP? Wouldn't it be nice to hook up a couple of these to an Asterisk box via Aironet AP-1200 series Access Point?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card