CCNP qualification

Unanswered Question
Mar 21st, 2007

I passed CCNA exam two and a half years ago and would like to prepare for CCNP now. My CCNA will be expired on 10/8/2007/. I don't know which choice as following is Cisco's certification policy allows:

1.I have to take all the 4(or 3) CCNP exams before the expiration date of my CCNA.

2.Before CCNA goes expired, I have to pass three of the CCNP exams and register the last exam. But i can leave the last exam to be taken after the CCNA expiration date.

3. I register any one of the CCNP exams before the CCNA deadline but I can take the exam after the deadline.

If you know the qualifications of the CCNP exam, would you please give me an answer to my quesiton? Your reply is truly appreciated!!

Shu

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
szhang333 Wed, 03/21/2007 - 12:25

Thank you for your reply on my question.

Based on "any exam baring the prefix 642 will renew all related associate level certifications", I think that once I pass one CCNP exam before the CCNA expires, I will be qualified to take other CCNP tests after the deadline. - Since my CCNA is automaticlly renewed.

If my understanding is fault, please kindly let me know.

Many thanks!

Shu

christian.stock Wed, 03/21/2007 - 20:35

1. No, you just have to take one of the 642 level exams prior to your expiration date. Or take the ICND or CCIE written exam. Bottom line is one test will get you recertified.

2. No. Again, you just need one. The moment you pass one CCNP exam, your 3-year CCNA clock starts all over again.

3. I would imagine cheduling a ccnp exam for after you expire won't work. You have to be a CCNA to take a CCNP test. At the moment you take that test, you won't be a ccna.

zeeshanr202 Sat, 04/07/2007 - 18:22

you dont need to pass all four exams . passing anyone of them will extend your deadline on ccna by three years.

as for your question three , iam not sure. ur best bet is to contact cisco to find out

Actions

This Discussion