cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt List CFNA or CFB to Voicemail?

kking
Level 1
Level 1

So CCM4.2.3, client wants to have a line group of 3 DN's that will answer a phone, but if not answered or all busy it should forward to a voicemail box.

How is this accomplished? I tried making a 2nd line group with a DN that CFA to voicemail, but this doesn't work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kasey,

I don't have a 4.2 environment to test this on for 100% verification but on 4.1(3) I have personally done this by setting the Forward Hunt No Answer and Busy destination fields. Put in the VM pilot number in both destinations and set a CSS that can call the VM Pilot.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jay Schulze
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar issue before and the only workaround I found was installing attendant console.

Kasey,

I don't have a 4.2 environment to test this on for 100% verification but on 4.1(3) I have personally done this by setting the Forward Hunt No Answer and Busy destination fields. Put in the VM pilot number in both destinations and set a CSS that can call the VM Pilot.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

As Fred correctly pointed you need to set the Forward Hunt No Answer and Forward Hunt Busy field on the Hunt Pilot, if it is not working then set a number on the "Maximum Hunt Timer" and try again.

We have a customer who is experiencing exactly the same issue. We have an ivr system where by if you select a certain option it then rings a hunt pilot number where by three extentions are in the line group set to circular distribution.

I have setup a voice mail box for the hunt pilot number and have set it to forward to the vm pilot number when busy or when there is no answer however the customer see all three extentions ring and then they get the engaged tone.

Now I have also tried adding the vm line group to the existing group but this gets the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marc.

Can anyone assist me please?

Thanks

Marc.

Hi Marc,

Can you check the CSS assigned against the Call Forward No Answer and Call Forward Busy on the Hunt Pilot and make sure the CSS can dial the VM Pilot number.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I have checked the css (I'm guessing you mean calling search space) against the vm pilot number and it is correct and also css is able to dial the vm pilot number as they have a specific css for the voicemail.

Thanks

Marc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: