cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Text-to-Speech

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who is having problmes with text-to-speech on the Unity server. The version of Unity is 4.0(5). If you stop and restart the Unity service, the problem is resolved. This has been happening every few weeks.

When a user checks their messages from their phone, Unity will tell them how many voice and email messages they have but it won't read the emails. When trying to read an email, the system says: This message can not be read at this time. Please try later.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

kdamisch
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

We had a similar issue. Unfortunately, I don't recall the exact cause, but it was an issue with our Exchange server. Another thing to check would be TTS usage. We only have 1 license for the TTS sessions, so only 1 person can have their emails read to them simultaneously and I think I've heard that message (or something very similar) when someone else is listening to their emails via TTS at the same time I was trying. I'll do some more checking and see what I can come up with.

Hopefully, this is a starting point for you though.

Thanks,

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: