cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Unity UM server

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

I have customer that is migrating to a new unity 4.0.5 from unity 3.X running in a ICS 7750. It was decided to go ahead and proceed with a new fresh install versus a migration from the old Unity to the new Unity, all the information will be new. However, the AD enviroment is the same, they have a single forest but separate domains. The installation guide calls to run the AdSchema and permissions wizard for the new Unity, plus creating the required system accounts (UnityInstall etc), However, the customer wants to make sure this step is required for the new hardware appliance unity. Do I need to revert the AD updates that were done when the old Unity was installed or it will be OK to run the ADschema and Permissions wizard again to include this new unity in the AD enviroment.

Thanks

Armando

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

The adschema will need to be run as this is Unity 4.05 and you will need the schema updates in your domain for the newer version of Unity.

You will also need as part of the installation need to run the newest version of PW for 4.05 to give the account in AD the permissions that they need.

However the accounts themselves might already be there in AD.

Hope this helps.

rlp

Ranpierce,

Thanks for the update, that's what I was thinking, The Unity accounts are already part of the AD because of the old Unity 3.x.

The old Unity is going away as soon as the new one is running, the customer would like to see a document from Cisco stating that the Adschema and PW is required to get this going, I looked everywhere but I couldn't find a document listing this procedure. I will ask them to run Ad schema and PW as you mentioned this is a new Unity version.

Armando

the unity 4.05 installation guide is the documentation that you are looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/inst/inst405/index.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: