Helpful
Replies

Automtatic conference join

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

I have a client requesting the following

when a user calls a number, he will be calling a number whic calls three other numbers and all of them are set in a conference. (all of them are ip phones " caller and called" and the customer has 4.2 CCM)

not sure if this is possible with CCM only but if other products needed like meeting place please let me know!!

Good day

4 Replies 4

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Any One?

Good day

I think you will need meeting place Express for this, unless you could write some script with IPCC Express to join auto. CCM conference calls only work with they are intiated from by the user. So a user of the system has to initiate this resource from their line, either adhoc (join), using the conference button. A person would have to add members in, as they call their extension, or the conference organizer calls them.

I thought I saw on the new CCM, it is possible to program a line button to do conferencing. So instead of DID on the line, you can put a function on it. If the user can program other options (dial 555, 444, 333 and join) then it could be somewhat auto.

thanks

If you are looking for an always open Conference room that will work with CCM, try OpenMCU.

http://linux.about.com/cs/linux101/g/openmcu.htm

Create an h.323 gateway and some route patterns that point to it and it drop you right into a conference call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: