Level 1

When i execute the command

show tfo connection summary

I get the alot of

PT in Progress

and

PT No Peer

results

What do these mean as far as optimization goes? These all are appearing under the Pass Through Connection Heading.

Also, application engines lie on both sides of the connections reporting the PT no Peer and PT in Progress outputs.

Are there any cisco docs that dig deeper into the relevance of the output from these types commands more so than the command references. I am looking for more tools to troubleshoot waas optimizations.

8 Replies 8

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Michael,

Pass-through connections are connections that are forwarded without any optimization. This can happen for a number of reasons. The specific connection types you mentioned mean the following:

PT In Progress - The connection was already established when the first packet was seen by the WAE.

PT No Peer - The connection is pass-through due to no peer WAE being found during TFO auto-discovery.

Zach

Zach,

Is there a specific doc that further outlines the meaning of these outputs as well as others?

We are working to add this type of information to the command reference.

Zach

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

Whats the Internal Server in the output relevant to ?

Zach,

Check this out

10.1.30.60:80 10.137.10.21:4248 PT No Peer

This connection has waes on both sides but i am still getting a PT no Peer. Will this occur until the option marked ip packet is received back from the remote WAE? Is this normal during intial optimization handshaking?

No - this state only appears after the 3-way handshake is complete.

It is possible you have an asymmetric path when interception is not configured?

Zach

We have a single router at the remote site and dual routers homed to the same provider via bgp at the head end. Each head end device is dual homed into the core. The WAE sits between these head end devices off a common vlan configured off there ESMs. Redirection is configured on both devices. Acceleration is working as expected.

Internal Server means that the connection is destined for an internal application on the WAE. For example, the WAFS Core service is an internal server.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: