Views
Helpful
Replies

RME database won't start after upgrade to IDU12 then IDU13

garethcoco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Running RME 3.5 and had IDU 8 installed. Upgraded the IDU to 12 then 13 as in the PDF for the Solaris install. On restart the CW2K server is running but RME has no devices shown and I get database not started errors. On checking the dmgtd.log file I see the following messages:

Mar 22 10:08:09 host dmgt[25911]: [ID 452308 local0.info] #3007:TYPE=INFO:Started application(EssentialsDbEngine) "/opt/CSCOpx/objects/db/bin/dbsrv7 -x tcpip{HOST=localhost;DOBROADCAST=NO;ServerPort=43442} -q -s local0 -m -ti 0 -gm 100 -gc 5 -c 16M -ht -gss 9900 -n rmeEng /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme/rme.db -n rmeDb" pid=15880.

Mar 22 10:08:09 host SQLAnywhere(rmeeng): [ID 702911 local0.error] Cannot open transaction log file -- No such file or directory

If I manually run the command line above to see what happens I get:

bash-2.03# /opt/CSCOpx/objects/db/bin/dbsrv7

ld.so.1: /opt/CSCOpx/objects/db/bin/dbsrv7: fatal: libdbserv7.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Killed

The file /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme/rme.db exists and doesn't appear to have any issues with it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to find out what is going wrong and more importantly how to fix this?

Thanks

Gareth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your database is still in an open state (i.e. there are transactions pending) but the transaction log has been removed. This is typically recoverable. For Solaris, do the following with dmgtd shutdown:

# csh

# setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/CSCOpx/lib:/opt/CSCOpx/objects/db/lib

# setenv PATH ${PATH}:/opt/CSCOpx/objects/db/bin

# setenv SATMP /tmp/.SQLAnywhere

# setenv ASANY /opt/CSCOpx/objects/db

# dbsrv7 -f /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme/rme.db

Then exit from this subshell, and restart dmgtd, and you should be set.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your database is still in an open state (i.e. there are transactions pending) but the transaction log has been removed. This is typically recoverable. For Solaris, do the following with dmgtd shutdown:

# csh

# setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/CSCOpx/lib:/opt/CSCOpx/objects/db/lib

# setenv PATH ${PATH}:/opt/CSCOpx/objects/db/bin

# setenv SATMP /tmp/.SQLAnywhere

# setenv ASANY /opt/CSCOpx/objects/db

# dbsrv7 -f /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme/rme.db

Then exit from this subshell, and restart dmgtd, and you should be set.