cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunking Bandwidth Requirement

wrwiii122
Level 1
Level 1

I have a loop of 3550s that do trunking between each other because I need 10 LANs that cant talk to each other and I figured it would be alot easier to do this than setup a bunch of ACLs in each switch and do routing. The question I have is that I have a remote site that I have now put wireless into that runs at 72MBps. Is this a sufficient speed for trunking? It would come in handy to have all the VLANs at this remote site.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Then you should be fine. As i say make sure you enable vtp pruning as this will cut down on unnecessary traffic.

HTH

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

wrwiii122
Level 1
Level 1

anyone?

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

So is your remote site connected at Layer 2. If so then i can't see an issue with running trunking across the link. It is more to do with the amount of data that will go down the link.

It would be worthwhile pruning any vlans that you do not need at your remote site if there are any.

HTH

Jon

yes layer two?

Hi

Then you should be fine. As i say make sure you enable vtp pruning as this will cut down on unnecessary traffic.

HTH

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card