Unity 4.2(1) SA Web unable to create subscriber

Unanswered Question
Mar 22nd, 2007

Our Unity primary environment using 4.2(1), we are unable to create subscribers in SA Web. The radio button is grayed out. I have logged into the server as administrator and rerun Cisco Unity Message Store Config Wizard and ensured we selected add new users and import users. I have checked event viewer apps logs and have found nothing other than CiscoUnity_BMsgConnector. Any ideas?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Thu, 03/22/2007 - 09:25

Well, before you go an re-run all all wizards, have you checked the basics?

Log into the server UnityAdmin (not administrator because he/she may not have rights to create Unity subscriber accounts)

Launch SA from the tray near the clock.

Create subscriber.

Another test, is to instead of creating a subscriber, import a subscriber. Create a test account in AD with an exchange mailbox. Log into Unity, and add subscriber, but import them.

This will point you to if you have a permissions problem, etc.

If you were trying from your workstation, you could have a java script problem, or you were logging in as Administrator, which you should log in as UnityAdmin, if the system was setup correctly.

jbarcena Thu, 03/22/2007 - 09:38

Sometimes when the server can not reach the GC and DC you get those keys grayed out. Open the DC/GC Reconnect from the Tools Depot and verify that you have the correct DC/GC and test the connection with them.

williamka Thu, 03/22/2007 - 09:41

I forgot to mention...

Using tools depot DC/GC on the primary Unity box. After I completed I checked the Event viewer for DSAD and DSGC for full synch. All showed full synch. I opened SA web and tried to add subscribers and found the same grayed out box.....

Actions

This Discussion