Valcom V-2006 Pager-Can it be configed for FXO or FXS?

Unanswered Question
fred.s.mollenkopf Thu, 03/22/2007 - 11:27
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Michael,

Give a call to the Valcom tech support. They offer pre-sales support. Last time I called the guy answered all of my questions.

I can't remmeber the last units part number, but the last one I had used an FXO connection. I have also worked with the same unit that had a Valcom option (like an extra $150 or so) for using a FXS connection from your gear. The FXO customer I had plugged into a router with a VWIC and the FXS customer was using a VG248. Again the Valcom techs always gave me 100% accurate information.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

marahman78 Sun, 03/25/2007 - 22:26
User Badges:

Hi,

I have a experience connecting it with ATA-188 and it's working perfectly. I think it interface to a router's FXS port.

Regards,

MAR

marklandry Tue, 03/27/2007 - 07:02
User Badges:

the 2006 is for Trunk ports so you would have to hook it up to an FXO Port and you also need the 24Vdc adapter to supply batt voltage to the FXO port or it won't stay off hook.

If you are looking for a station port Page adapter the Valcom 9940 is an excellent choice. in the Bogen world the "TAMB"

goes both ways, Also both the TAMB and the 9940 allow for forced disconnect on timeout for when the end user puts paging on hold or fails to place the handset on the phone properly.

Actions

This Discussion