Delayed MWI Light on Unity 3.1

Unanswered Question
Mar 22nd, 2007
User Badges:

Having a problem with delayed MWI on/off. The delay is approx. 20 to 60 minutes to resynch the light. I can do a manual resynch via the Publisher also.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ginger Dillon Fri, 03/23/2007 - 13:59
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Hi -

There can be many reasons for MWI delay. Does this happen for all users or just a single user? Perhaps a couple other questions that are important.

- Unified messaging or voicemail only?

- Offbox or onbox Exchange? Are you seeing any AvNotifer or AvMessageMonitor errors in the application event log? Or errors to indicate Unity has lost contact with Exchange?

- Are you resynching MWI from the Unity server Telephony Integration Manager each night? If not, I would schedule this action or occur off-hours and not during backups. I'm not aware of an MWI resynch on CallManager ... you may be resetting the Unity ports, but that does not affect message waiting indicators. It's the two services (and others) I mentioned above that check the user's mailbox for new messages.

- How many ports total and how many do you have allocated to do MWI?

Here's a link that may help - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801d6c23.html

Regards, Ginger

ranpierce Fri, 03/23/2007 - 14:24
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Like Ginger said, is this just one subscriber or all subscribers is the first question.

If it is only one or a few then look at the ammount of items in the mailbox. The count ammount matters.

Creation of the index may cause exchange delays.

rlp

Actions

This Discussion