cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express problems

peterhkim
Level 1
Level 1

1. Does anyone knows how to change time on CUE? Somehow, it is not sync with CME.

2. When I upgraded the software on CUE, it erased all the personal greetings. I had to ask all users to rerecord their greetings. Anyone had same problem?

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Specify NTP server in CUE as CME router and then sync the CME router to an external NTP source.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

CME doesn't have access to outside NTP source. I made CME as master NTP source and specified CME as NTP source for CUE. When I do "show ntp assoc" on CUE, it says it is in sync. However, it is exactly an hour off.

Thanks.

Is the time zone correct? If so, make sure you're running software that understands the DST changes. See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_field_notice09186a00807e9627.shtml

I updated with latest version of CUE and the time zone is correct. I'm trying to find out if there is anyway you can manually set the time like "clock set" command.

thanks.

No, there is no such command for CUE. It is purely derived from NTP. It's possible that the NTP server is incorrect (keep in mind that you could have a situation where the NTP server appears to be correct, but in fact it is interpreting the DST incorrectly. The time is transmitted to CUE, and it applies its DST which now evaluates to a different time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: