cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High disk usage on active partition

Bon-il Koo
Level 1
Level 1

I found out logs that is " Active Partition available disk space below 4 Percent."

The cluster's log level is default.

What is recommended action to shrink disk space?

I have four call managers in one cluster. Their version is 5.0(4).

'High disk usage' logs are on every server.

Registered phones number are about 2,000.

I really don't know what process or data use disks.

9 Replies 9

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I think there will be old dbl traces taking a lot of space. delete them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008049aab0.shtml

Hi

I have axactly the same problem with high disk usage on active partition? Have you fixed this issue already? I also think it is because of logs, but I did not find a way how to delete them :o( Thanks for your help.

Regards Miroslav

Have anyone fix this issue already?

dbherranz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I think it is a bug because We had the same problem. We cleaned all logs and traces files and the active partition and the utilization percentage didn?t diminish. We had to restart the server and the percentage lowered.

Best Regards,

Diego

As I understand, all logs and trace are saved in "/common" partition, that used by both active and inactive partition.

And the size of "common" is the biggest - 41Gb,

while size of "/active" and "/partB" is only 11Gb each.

So, if you want to clean up "/active" you should

manually delete old phone firmwares from TFTP dir.

Hi:

Yes I only delete traces, logs and cdrs to check if any log it?s related to /active partition but I know that all these information is save on /common partition.

I saw that when the active partition grows swap memory it grows and when I restarted CCM server the active partition and the memory swap returned to the initial state.

Tomorrow I?ll go to upgrade CCM to cisco-ipt-k9-patch5.1.1.3120-1.tar.gz.sgn because we have another bugs related to SNMP and VG Problem. When it has the results I will say something to you.

Hi Gonzalo

Do you say that even 1-2% is normal? How does Callmanager uses this partition? If this partition is depleted what is going to happen?

Thanks

masalern
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known issue, is designed to run with very little available space in the active partition.

Check this bug:

http://cdets.cisco.com/apps/dumpcr?&content=summary&format=html&identifier=CSCsi53145

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: