CCVP or CCNP first

Unanswered Question
Mar 22nd, 2007

I have worked in an ISP for about 2.5 years. Now am working for a Telecom company. I had a liking for Voice and hence the shift.

Now i am confused. I am still not so well versed with voice as i have not had hands on as yet.

There are faint chances of getting a IP/MPLS project.

I dont know which certification to persue first. CCNP or CCVP?

I have finished CCNA and BSCI.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rodmont74 Fri, 03/23/2007 - 11:07

I am on similar situation in my company. Having a country data admin center role and no IP Telephony funding I started persuing CCNP doing old BCSI last year. I was however, re-assigned from South America network consultant role to a comm & video and mobile focus. Since I have just passed BCMSN and no new material is available to ONT neither ISCW, I am studying for CCVP track materials available from Cisco Press, my main source of information on Cisco (There is no trainning budget on my company yet).

I'm going to continue to complete both tracks during this year and probably begining next one. Hopefully we will deploy a new site using Cisco IP telephony and I will be able to increase practical experience.

Well, for practical reasons, if you already passed BCSI you should have very good experience for lots of projects a telecom will do on clients' site. CCNP new courses include MPLS to some extent and might be more usueful on short term to you.

Regards and success on new job!

This Discussion