IPexpert or Internetwork Expert?

Unanswered Question
Mar 23rd, 2007

Hi Sir,

I'm a CCIE candidate, having passed R&S Written exam early this month. I've started my lab exam prep using IPexpert lab workbook v8.0. I'm going to purchase the latest v9.0.

How do you compare IPexpert products to Internetwork Expert? Should I be practising both, if time allows? Which one increases the chances to pass the lab exam?

Hope to hear from you expert out there!

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
swmorris Fri, 03/23/2007 - 04:50

If you have the ability to get both, do so. You'll find that what you have is not lacking in any fashion (the 9.0 is more geared to the current equipment blueprint and other additions!). but you'll find that variety is good so that you can get a feeling of different people's viewpoints as they write labs.

Both (or other workbooks) are a good method to go and train yourself for all of the technologies required in the CCIE lab preparation.

The IPexpert books provide you a path through technology-specific labs and then into multiprotocol ones in order to facilitate your training.

By the time you get through Lab 40 you should feel sufficiently abused .... errrr... prepared for handling just about everything! Remember that speed is not the issue, understanding the topics is. (Speed will come with practice)

Cheers,

Scott

[email protected]

Danilo Dy Sun, 03/25/2007 - 01:28

Practice and more practice increases the chance of passing the CCIE lab

haroon.shaikh Thu, 03/29/2007 - 16:00

* PLEASE RATE IF HELPFUL

-------------------------

From CCIE Secret website:

Of all the options out there, I can only recommend one company, and I will tell you why:

? They have 13 CCIE's (including a Quad CCIE, 2 triple CCIE's and 2 double CCIE's) working for them who spend an immense amount of time creating the labs. Several of these guys have authored or contributed to many Cisco Press CCIE publications.

? Every single one of their lab scenarios in the Workbooks, as well as any e-Scenario can be performed with their virtual rack that can be reserved with 4 different 5.5 hr timeslots per day.

? The R&S Workbook includes almost 300 pages of lab scenarios. 47 lab scenarios total including 19 one-day mock labs and 18 three to six-hour protocol focused scenarios!

? If you like the mock lab idea, they also offer a "live lab experience" where you are given the material and 3 (8) hour time-slot with access to a proctor and then you get a score report detailing your grade and what you need to work on. You get 3 different labs!

? You get everything! R&S (or C&S/Security/Voice), two 3550's, ATM, Voice, Frame, ISDN, etc.... Everything!

? The Voice vRack is a Voice-enabled rack w/ CallManager, gateways, etc. - everything you need for CCIE Voice!

? Much less expensive than buying equipment: 300 hours on the virtual rack for $1909! Why go through the hassle of doing anything else? Just buy virtual rack time!

? You get more than just lab materials; you get advice, tech tips, networking tools, great instructional material, 24x7 support, and much, much more.

? There is an entire website of IPexpert labbers who help each other out (over 3000 users). The CEO of the company logs in almost everyday and talks to anyone who needs anything!

? Jeff Doyle, CCIE #1919, author of at least one of the books you need to buy, highly recommends their products!

The company is IPexpert.

I have the R&S Cisco Lab workbook from IPexpert. Not only is it well written and extremely accurate in terms of what to expect on the Big Lab (some people report that it is over 90% accurate), but the philosophy at IPexpert seems to be along the same lines as my own. You have to work and you have to work hard - but the most successful people work smart. If you put in the work, they will make sure you do it the smart way. They will more or less lead you right to my most important secret... Focus on the Fundamentals!

You can choose your level of involvement. They have many offerings. No matter what you buy, you will not go wrong! This will be the one investment you will never regret.

--------------------------

* PLEASE RATE IF HELPFUL

--------------------------

jgagznos Fri, 03/30/2007 - 14:45

Both lab books can prepare you enough to pass the exam. The best lab book is whichever one you put the time into. My recommendation is to download the sample labs from each vendor, check out their support forums and see which lab topology matches up best with your equipment.

Good Luck,

Joe

Actions

This Discussion