cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Customer Routes to upstream Provider

rajeev128
Level 1
Level 1

We are an ISP (downstream of telco) and we have taken Internet Bandwidth from a telco. Our telco has various upstream peering to U.K & U.S. We want that our routes to be directly advertised to our telco upstream partners. Telco is willing to peer our routes to their upstream partner. But they can only peer our AS No with one upstream provider on layer - 1. Is peering possible with all telco - upstream provider's by using their ISP Backbone at layer - 3. By doing multi hop bgp or anything else. So that when our customer do trace route they should get next hop as direct telco - upstream provider. By doing this I can achieve saying to my customer that i have multiple direct peering with International Upstream Provider ?

2 Replies 2

rajivrajan1
Level 3
Level 3

hi rajeev,

Is it possible to expose the network topology a little .. how the upstream routers are connected to telco and path in telco to their upstream?

Rajeev.S

Telco does eBGP with us. And in turn telco run eBGP with Upstrea Provider on AS - SET attribute.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: